Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Broken Moral Compass?

Sometimes I read a quote and simply think, "Damn...that dude is just plain dumb." And then I think, "No wait, that guy probably has a publicists, and that guy is really dumb."

How can an oil company executive get away with a quote like this? Let me get this straight, you the "oil man" are telling us what's morally correct. You've got the compass and we should be following you? Is that what your saying? So it's better to continue to do what we've been doing and "look to the future of wood chip powered Beamers" than to take some baby steps towards eliminating our dependence on oil. I know, in your morally accurate way, you couldn't possibly want to go on drilling our environment like a 12-hour date with Paris Hilton. Or continuing the clean, efficient, and safe methods of extracting, transporting, and refining crude oil. (Sarcasm mode off).

Hey oil man, let's be honest. Your job is to sell oil and oil-based products. There really isn't much room in that position for morality. You know it. I know it. All non-NASCAR fans know it. My job on the other hand is to abuse dumbasses like you and, as a consumer, spend my money where I see fit which, shockingly, won't be with Shell.

Oh by the way, I think most of the crops that are used (or being discussed) for E85 are already used for other non-(human)-food purposes. You know, like feed corn. I'm guessing we're not going to feed the world's hungry with brown sugar and molasses. You might want to get a new corporate spin doctor, you ignorant buffoon.

No comments: