Monday, September 18, 2006

Please, Please Let Me Punch the Mac

These Mac/PC commercials have gone to far....or maybe not far enough. I'm SOOOOOO tired of that tool Mac being all, "I'm younger and cooler than you are". Let's take the one where they're talking about spyware and viruses. "I don't have to worry about spyware, I run OS/X." What he should have said is "I don't have to worry about spyware, no one cares about disrupting the lives of K-12 students." The reality is that there is no spyware on the Mac because no one cares what Mac users are doing.

So Apple is trying to tell us that OS/X is impervious to malicious attack. Interesting. I wonder how much I'd have to pay to get some loser to hack-me-up some sweet OS/X virus. Something cool that would, oh I don't know, screw with their dock, change their color depth and deprive them of smoothly animated icons. Yeah, that'll get 'em. Naw, no money in that. But an iPod virus. Now that'll piss off a bunch of tools.

What I want to see are the missing commercials. Like the one where PC and Mac are at a party. And PC is surrounded by all these beautiful women, models, doctors, lawyers....and then there is Mac surrounded by a couple of semi-goths who are still in art school.

PC: "Look at all this great software. What more could a computer ask for?"

Mac: "Yeah, that's nice but I'm happy with my boutique library of programs. Like iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand. Oh yeah, and Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing."

Voice over: "Mac, it's what you want if you're rebellious, artsy, and poor!"

[long pause]

"Or if you think you're cool."

Another long lost Apple Ad

No comments: