Thursday, May 11, 2006

It Couldn't Happen To a Crazier Asshat

Thank God the American public has some semblance of a clue regarding this nutjob. I have no plans to see Reality Impossible III, but I can only guess how horrific it is. The only sequel less interesting is my book would be Pearl Harbor 2. Hell, I think I'd rather see an Affleck movie right now, at least he knows how to have a good time without a copy of Dionetics in his pocket and it's unlikely that hackhole Tim Robbins would be a co-star.

Note to Meyer, Bruckheimer, and Grey: I am specifically not going to see this movie because Thomas Cruise Mapother IV is in the film. Either you're looking for your next "audit" for free, or you simply can't let a former box-office star go (aren't you still checking Stallone for tread life?). And guess what, if on the outside chance and by God's design I do come back in another life I'm still not going to watch any of Tom Mapother's shitty films.

War of the Worlds was the last piece of crap I suffered through. Interestingly, I'm surprised the church let him make that film. It must be okay to kill martians because they don't have thatens.

Great quote on thatens from Hubbard himself:
"From some experiments conducted about fifteen or twenty years ago--a thetan weighed about 1.5 ounces! Who made these experiments? Well, a doctor made these experiments. He weighed people before and after death, retaining any mass. He weighed the person, bed and all, and he found that the weight dropped at the moment of death about 1.5 ounces and some of them 2 ounces. (Those were heavy thetans.)"
Hubbard, The Phoenix Lectures, p. 147. Bridge Publications, 1982 ISBN 08840040062

Note to Reader: If you didn't get some of the Scientology references in here, check out Wiki, it's got a lot of info on the church.

Oh and Mapother:

2 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

Where as I agree with your thoughts on the highly enlightened Mapother I must admit that I was concerned to see your reflections on Ben (fruit basket) Affleck. If you really think he knows how to have a good time, Dionetics book included or not, then please never ever under any circumstances walk into my cube ever again. For further reference see your post titled

PSA: Take Back Our Country
on Tuesday June 14th, 2005.

The Lumpy

Uncle Jimbo said...

Lumpy,

I understand your concern. And I view the comparison of Mapother and Affleck much the same way I viewed the choice between Bush and Kerry.