Monday, July 11, 2005

Virgil Brigman is Back on the Air!

And you all thought I was lost in the Abyss of vacation. Well, I'm back. And so are my quotes, random thoughts, and musings.

We went to an arts festival yesterday. There was some nice work, but the art work I need to comment on is the increasing tattoo population. They were everywhere. Now, of course, I have an opinion on tattoos. Generally I think that expressing oneself by permanently altering your body is a bit excessive. I would suggest a new tee shirt, or hat or something. Tattoos are sort of like bumper stickers on a car....what if Kerry/Edwards loses? Then you're stuck with that dumb sticker til you get rid of your '84 Saab. So my advice, don't get a tattoo they're a bit too permanent.

But the reason for my post today is a suggestion to all those woman who have decided to get tattoos on their lower backs. For the love of God, what are you thinking? Sure, right now it's an attractive, inviting, cute little butterfly. Ten years and two kids from now and it's going to look like Mothra flying over the Sumida river. Try a permanent marker "arrow" instead. It gets the point across and at some point it'll wash off in case it doesn't work out for you.

3 comments:

Colonel Dutch Mustard said...

I love you man. "Might as well be a bull's eye..."

Donkey Punch said...

I like the "landing strip lights" analogy myself.

Donkey Punch said...

However, if you don't know were you're going at that point, you shouldn't be back there.