Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Movies I Couldn't Finish Watching

I've watch, at least to their credits, movies such as Ishtar, Hardware, and War of the Worlds (2005). I avoided vomiting, homocide, and acquiring a severe case of Tourettes Syndrome by trying to find some redeeming quality that will help me feel like I haven't lost two hours of my life. There are very fews movies that I've walked out of or turned off. But damn it, didn't Lucas show me new ways to make a movie suck.

We rented THX 1138: The Director's Cut. I was asleep within the first 20 minutes. I never fall asleep during movies. Can anyone guess how Lucas was allowed to make another movie after this one? I've got two words for you: Coppola and hummer. Yes I understand this was a student film with a small budget. Clerks was low budget yet somehow Kevin Smith was able to make it not suck, in fact, it's one of the greatest comedies of all time. Now there's a thought. What if Kevin Smith had written and directed the Star Wars movies. At least Return of the Jedi would have shown us what happened to the Death Star contractors.

Anyway, Lucas deserves to be beaten soundly for even releasing a Director's Cut. Seriously, how much did this movie suck before he started his dabbling. The robots look like rejects from the 2020 CHiPs academy. The dialog is vintage Lucas; stiff...like Michael Moore watching The Black Widow pound 44 lobsters in 12 minutes. I haven't cared less about the characters in a movie, since...well...Revenge of the Sith. "Oh Anakin." Damn, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Hey is that a refried bean? Oh and the "artistic" soundtrack. Minimal (but crappy) dialogue, and a bunch of background noise made of partial airport voices, and pre-R2D2 computer beeps. I think I even heard the sound of someone putting on knee pads.

I went to Amazon to see what other people thought of the movie. Not that I care what other people think but to find more material. Most of those nut sacks give the movie a 4 or 5 star rating and explain it away with stupid statements like "if you consider that this was Lucas' first actual feature out of film school, you got to give him a lot of credit for it." Um...no I don't, the movie blows. Gee, that meal tasted like ass...but given that it's the cooks first night it wasn't really that bad. Giving a rating based solely on the skill of the Writer/Director is retarded. People are such Lemmings. And then there's the tard who says, "This is a great movie!" but gives it a 1 because it's not out on DVD yet. Head shaking alone cannot convey my amazement.

What movies have you turned off/walked out of? Not that I care. I'm just looking for more material.

3 comments:

Desperate Househusband said...

Cabin Boy. It was kind of like sex the first time. clumsy, sloppy and I was done with it in a hurry, and my date wasn't very satisfied either.

I actually watched it again on TV, still bad. However, it grew on me a little bit. I was almost reveling in how bad it was.

Donkey Punch said...

I'm just thoroughly put out with George and his crap. Enough. I can't sit through another one of his squatting sessions again.


I'm done.

Colonel Dutch Mustard said...

The last Star Trek movie...did not leave...but walked out afterwards laughing, but naseauated, over how dreadful it was...