Tuesday, September 20, 2005

People Don't Get It!

Hey, what’s up with people who get angry at sarcastic comments. I mean it’s not like the comments are swift and powerful sword strokes at an individual’s intelligence or lack there of. Except that most of the time they are sword strokes aimed at an individual’s intelligence. Some people get all worked, and all I can think is, “Yes I was mocking you. Can I have my fries now.” Most people take the Stooges approach to humor and beat you over the head with it. There’s no skill in that. If humor were food, sarcasm would be the meat food group.

5 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

mmmmmm Steak. Part of the problem it would seam is that people have lost all sense of humility. They take themselves so seriously that they are unable to laugh at themselves and when someone points out there idiosyncrisies (ie with sarcasm) they get all pissed off.

The Lumpy

Donkey Punch said...

I like mine medium-rare. Yet the side vegatable really determines the skill of the chef. It's those little accompaniments that truly set the master apart from the amateur. You are very right though, the nuances are lost on the ignorant.

Patt said...

im pissed off because you are funnier that me....now can i have my big mac please.

Uncle Jimbo said...

No problem Patt, that's one triple-bypass with extra cheese and special sauce coming on.

Colonel Dutch Mustard said...

Donkey Punch is ex Navy...married ...some kids...but just as much a queer as when he shared his rack with Bubba the Bosun's Mate on the carrier they bothed served on...