Monday, June 27, 2005

The Five Levels

So I have this theory.

[I'll let you in on a little secret. Many of my friends and family already know this. Often times I'll make "statements" that people assume are facts. Even though they're what I would consider an educated guess. Now I assume this is because I say them with conviction (which I often do), or because they assume I know what I'm talking about. This works out pretty well for me in many cases but occasionally gets me into trouble. But, hey they're the ones that are believing what I'm saying right? Which reminds me of a great quote from a brilliant mind, Jack Handey, "Broken promises don't upset me, I just think, why did they believe me?"

I often take flack for my so called "statements" so let me be clear, THIS IS SIMPLY A THEORY. But it's a good one, trust me.]

The general theory goes like this: At any point in time during your employment in a specific job, you will fall into one of five levels with respect to your overall job satisfaction and attitude towards said job.

Now, it's important to understand, before you read any further, the knowledge about to be imparted should not be taken lightly and may forever alter your perspective and attitude towards your current (and future) job.

Over the next few days I'll cover each level in detail and at the end I'll give you my idea of which level(s) is the best and maybe even some pointers on how to get there. And if you don't like the fact that I'm breaking this up over several posts, too bad. I'm trying to maintain level 5 here.

Another sign Jack Handey and I connect.

"I'm just guessing here, but probably one of the early signs that your radarscope is wearing out is something I call 'image fuzz-out.' But I've never even seen a radarscope, so I wouldn't totally go by what I've just said here." --Jack Handy

As you can see, he's just a bit more upfront than I am.

On to Level 1

No comments: